Thursday, September 01, 2005

Stick a fork in me Mama, I am done!


My thoughts when I got my B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering) result the other day. Now I am officially an electronics and telecommunications engineer. I am not trying to make hyperbolic statements here, but I think the last four years have been one helluva experience. As cliched as it may sound, let me say it. 'The last 4 years have changed me.' I have to say it because it's true. I know every graduate says the same thing with a lot of nostalgic emotion. But there is certainly something different about the BE degree. I can never talk about the '4 years' as good 'ol college days. I think they made me more resilient and patient. And most importantly I learnt to accept failure and move on. There were so many instances in these years when I felt, "I am in deep shit!". But then I started enjoying these 'shitty situations' and coming out of them. If there are any Rocky fans reading this they know the line - "Its the eye of the tiger its the cream of the fight...". Engineering taught me that.
In hindsight I feel enginnering was more of a finishing school for us to face life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

That one was a good one. I still remember the final day of the final exam in B.E. I watched "Hum Tum" in the wee hours of that day. I reached home almost at 3am and thankfully the film turned out to be good. I'm not being a chauvinist but I'd got to say that engineering is something extra-ordinary and there's a different feeling in being one.
Now that I'm acclimatized to the corporate environment, the word "college" gives me a nostalgic feeling, those days aren't coming back.
Anyways, welcome to the real world.This corporate life will give you many more experiences albeit I think that it will be a short-term one after which you'll pursue your further education.That's what I'm waiting for too.Bon voyage !

4:12 am  
Blogger Akshay said...

Thanx Andy. Best of Luck to you too.

4:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home